Home   >   Sports   >   Football/Soccer   >   201802







Firefighters Break Into Tekpetey's House After He Left Pot On Stove
 
<< Prev  |  Next >>
 
20-Feb-2018  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
Ghana international Bernard Tekpetey was left red-faced after firefighters had to break into his home to deal with a smoking cooking pot while he was at a Bundesliga match, reports in Germany said.

The 20-year-old right winger, who is back at Schalke 04 after a loan spell in Austria, was an unused replacement for Saturday's 2-1 home win against Hoffenheim.

While he sat hoping to come on, with his family watching in Gelsenkirchen, the pot was still cooking. It triggered a fire alarm as smoke poured from the flat. Firefighters forced their way in after a call from the neighbours, according to German daily Bild.

The incident happened at 10 p.m. (2100 GMT) local time on Saturday, no one was injured and Tekpetey arrived home half an hour after the drama.

The forward made two appearances for Ghana at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations and has just returned to Schalke after a six-month loan spell at Austrian side Altach. He moved to Schalke from Ghana side Unistar SA in February 2016.
 
 
 
Source: AFP
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.