You can tell a lot from a single kiss. Kissing can be passionate, send sparks and even burn calories, but a kiss can also be just wrong.
Pucker up and read on for our top kissing complaints and never have a bad kiss again.
• Your kiss wasn’t asked for: Most people can tell if a date is going well or not. Perhaps, even by the end of the date you’ve already committed to a second outing with the person.
However, if you aren’t getting signals that your date is interested in you, such as touching your arm when speaking, making eye contact and being engaged throughout the conversation, and talking about future plans with you, don’t take a chance on going in for what will be an awkward kiss.
It’s better to wait and see if there’s a follow-up date to pucker up for then to go in for the uninvited kiss.
• A sloppy kiss is a bad kiss: If you don’t know if you are a sloppy kisser, it’s easy to find out.
Does your girlfriend discreetly wipe off her face after a kiss? Does kissing feel more like a washing machine than a passionate embrace?
If yes, try swallowing your saliva before starting to smooch!
• You suffocate the other person: Kissing your partner should leave them weak in the knees not unconscious. If you go in for too deep of a kiss and your noses block each other, there is a good chance you could be suffocating your partner.
Without waiting for your beloved to turn blue, a good sign of this is if he or she is constantly pulling away from the kiss but also going back in for more.
If this happens, simply adjust your kissing angle.
• The staring complaint: Although some people prefer to keep their eyes open during a kiss, until you know what your partner prefers or is comfortable with, keep your eyes closed and enjoy the moment.
You wouldn’t want your partner to open her eyes to find yours staring at her from centimeters away.
• Timing is everything: A big kissing complaint comes with timing. Although it can be romantic to spontaneously lean in for a kiss over dinner, be sure your date hasn’t just taken a bite of food or drink or is in mid-conversation.
• The location of the kiss is wrong: Generally, if it’s a first kiss opt for puckering up when the two of you are alone.
This will cease some of the first-kiss-nerves. Later, you can see if your date is ready for a public display of affection.
• The kiss is too small or too big: A deep and passionate kiss is great but not if your date isn’t ready for it.
If it’s a first kiss, lean in gently and test the waters. Once you’ve gotten to know the person and their style of kissing you’ll feel confident for something more.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|