Seven persons have sustained serious burns after a gas explosion at Asante Akyem Agogo in the Ashanti Region Tuesday morning.
An Eyewitness Seth Amoako narrating the incident to Adom News said the explosion occurred at a gas filling station.
It is unclear what might have led to the explosion but residents say a leaking gas tank caught fire when a driver turned on the ignition after filling his gas tank.
Personnel of the Ghana Fire Service were able to douse the fire which destroyed properties worth thousands of cedis and left several people injured.
Residents have called on authorities to close down the gas filling station to prevent a recur.
Meanwhile, the victims rushed to the Agogo Government Hospital are said to be in a very critical condition.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|