Morning Show Host of First Digital Tv, Miss Annie Ampofo, is forecasting doom for the Akufo-Addo government if the President pays lip service to the development of a single national identification system he has so much promised the nation.
According to the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration graduate, the Akufo Addo government's promises, policies and programs in the yet-to-be presented budget will come to naught without accurate data.
In an open letter to President Akufo-Addo after his maiden state of the nation address, the TV screen goddess implored the president to prioritize the development of accurate data through the issuance of single Identification card to drive policies.
While acknowledging the enormous strides Ghana Statistical Service has made in gathering data, Miss Annie Ampofo said the president may end up working with inaccurate data if he shies away from the data policy promised.
Read below the whole article...
Dear Mr. President,
YOU WILL 'FAIL' WITHOUT A NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION DATA
Kindly spare me some few minutes from your busy schedule to discuss the 2017 SONA you presented which is indeed your first as a President. Do well to reply me as citizen and not a spectator Mr. President.
NB/ I know the Ghana Statistical Service has tried.
There is no doubt that everyone expected your Excellency to touch on issues ranging from:
Free SHS, Energy and Power, Economic conditions/Business Boom, Tax, Employment, 'Galamsey', Security, Creative Industry waiting for their Deputy Minister, how to bring the black Stars back on track, Sanitation, Accommodation et al.
Mr. President,'A national identification number, national identity number, or national insurance number is used by the governments of many countries as a means of tracking their citizens, permanent residents, and temporary residents for the purposes of work, taxation, government benefits, health care, and other governmentally-related functions. The number appears on identity documents issued by several of the countries'.
AND IT IS THE KEY TO YOUR SUCCESS- Meaning it is indeed a sure way to lead Ghana to the promise land without forgetting the National Development Plan.
1. You indicated the minority had a problem with the facts. Well Sir, I tell you that this you said is fact because there is no data to even track down perpetrators- ''Wrongdoing has no political
colour, and I do not subscribe to the lawlessness of political party supporters simply because their party has been elected into office''.
Unless you tell me you have the data but decided to turn a blind eye to it and in fact it is not enough to just condemn the act.- Data
2...... "and that nothing is left on autopilot… Mr. President, Data.
3. "Mr. Speaker, I say nothing new or dramatic, when I tell this Honorable House that the economy of our country is in a bad way".
Really Mr. President? Your Ministerial Nominees, both Senior and Finance both told the same honorable house that the economic indications are good.- Fact is, either we collecting confused Data or we are being misled.
4..."Mr. Speaker, at the same time, revenue performance for the year was poor. The total revenue target for our country was GH¢37.9 billion (22.7% of GDP), but the actual revenue came in at GH¢33.2 billion (19.9% of GDP)"... Mr. President, yes indeed you may be right but is this the true State of the Nation???- Data
5. Ghana’s total revenue is consumed by three main budgetary lines: wages and salaries, interest payments and amortization and statutory payments. These three items alone account for 99.6% of government revenue. For lack of proper data we struggle to even expunge 'ghost names'- Data, Mr. President.
6. "A National Campaign, “PLANTING FOR FOOD AND JOBS”, will be launched to stimulate this activity"- Data.
7. Free SHS, how many dilapidated school buildings 🤔 and what will be our total cost?- Data
8. Boost Employment- Mr. President Data
9. "implementation of the initiative, through public-private partnerships, to establish at least one industrial enterprise in each of the 216 Districts in the “One District, One Factory” policy.- Data. You are giving data of about 80% and more of electricity coverage (Generational Capacity) but really, how many households 🤔...
10."I was elected to get things done. I was elected to fix what is broken and my government and I are determined to do just that. At the beginning of March, the Minister for Finance will come to this House to lay out in the national budget the details of our economic policy and the clear roadmap that we have laid out for taking the country out of its current predicament and onto a sustainable path of recovery, jobs creation and prosperity. I am absolute in my confidence that we have the programme, the competence, the commitment, and the goodwill of the people to turn things around. By the Grace of God, we will succeed and I believe this House knows it too".
Mr President, without being a prophet of doom, the budget to be presented by the Finance Minister next month will be a broken record based on the same inaccurate data of this beautiful nation.
Mr. President, Your Excellency, I know I have given you a fair picture of what you are faced with. Kindly do Ghana the honors to restore hope with this single "Accurate Data Policy" and you will reap enormous results.
Don't hesitate to respond your Excellency and thank you for your kind attention.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|