Hearts Considering Court Action Against Kotoko

The Phobians have dropped out of the top four and now sitting above relegation following the latest verdict. Hearts of Oak board member Nyaho Tamakloe says the club could go to court over Ghana FA Appeals Committee’s verdict that upheld Asante Kotoko’s complaint file against an earlier decision that blamed the club for using an ineligible. The Appeals Committee on Monday reinstated the six points deducted from the Kumasi-based side in September by the Disciplinary Committee for allegedly fielding Obed Owusu in a Ghana Premier League matchday 25 encounter against Hearts of Oak at the Accra Sports Stadium. Having lost the game 2-1, the Phobians filed a charge against Kotoko and Owusu, whom they claimed was ineligible to play in the said game, having accumulated three yellow cards before the match. In their defence, Kotoko maintained Owusu had served the mandatory one-match suspension in an Elite Clubs Competition game against Dunkwa United, a game Hearts and the Disciplinary Committee at the time categorised as an unofficial. Kotoko were, thus, docked six points and handed a fine of GH˘5,000.00 and Hearts declared winners of that encounter and awarded three points and three goals. However, the Appeals Committee overruled the Disciplinary Committee’s ruling and Kotoko were handed back their six points. “I don't want to talk much, except to say we have taken notice of the Appeals Committee decision,” Nyaho told Asempa FM. “But we must all know that the FA is ruled by laws, and this is not the end of this matter. If we think we must go further to prove our case, we will. “Don't forget I have taken a football issue to a civil court before, and won. So let's not say we can't go to court. If it becomes necessary, we will go to a civil court.” Hearts have consequently fallen to 13th on the league log from the previously occupied 4th position, while Kotoko have moved up from sixth to second.