Which Ghanaian President stated that “The Torch that I lit will continue to shine long after I have gone? Ans: The Late Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, founder of the Nation.
2. What prompted Dr. Nkrumah to make such a famous statement? Ans: He made that statement on National Television when he survived an assassination attempt on his life by members of the Danquah/Busia tradition which the NPP represent today 2011. 3. Which political grouping can we identify scores of civilian coop makers? Ans: The Danquah./Busia tradition which is today’s NPP. 4. Can you name some of them? Ans: yes, they were the late R.R. Amponsah, J.H Mensah who is still alive the late Baffour Akoto, the illiterate Chairman of the National Liberation Movement (NLM) with “Matemoho” as its local name. 5. Why did they form the National Liberation Movement in 1950? Ans. They wanted a Federal Republic of Ashanti on a Narrow Tribal Front but were defeated in all the three general elections. 6. When were these elections conducted Ans ? in 1951, 1954 and 1956 and Dr. Nkrumah’s CPP won all three elections in a landslide. 7. Which Presdient could not set foot in Kumasi for security reasons for 4 solid years.
Ans. The late Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. 8. Which Politicians travelled to Britain and told them that Ghana is Not yet Ripe for independence, so the British must remain in Ghana Ans. The Late Dr. K.A Busia 9. Which Politician asked members of the NLC Military Junta to hand over power to him without conducting general elections after the violent overthrow of Dr.Kwame Nkrumah on 24th Feb. 1966 Ans. Dr. K.A. Busia. 10. When did he make that request? Ans. March 1966 11. Which Ghanaian Politicians travelled to American and told the U.S President in 1960 that he should not give loans to Dr. Nkrumah to construct the Akosombo Dam? Ans Dr. K. A. Busia and Dr. J.B. Danquah. 12. Which U.S President was that? Ans General Dwight Eisenhower who started planning the violent overthrow of Dr. Nkrumah immediately Ghana won independence in 1957. 13. Who said: if other countries are walking, Ghana must run, and if they are Running, then Ghana must fly? Ans Dr. Kwame Nkrumah.
14. Who published a very simple book that infuriated the President of the United States and they caused his violent overthrow through the C.I.A. in collaboration with Ghanaian traitors on 24th Feb. 1966? Ans Dr. Kwame Nkrumah 15. What was the tittle of that famous book? Ans Colonialism, The Last State of Imperialism. 16. Which Military Government turned the Ghana Armed Forces into a political party in a compulsory one Party State in 1977? Ans the late Gen. Acheampong and his SMCI. 17. Which military Head of State appointed his favourite officers to head public corporations leaving the command structure in the Army without Leaders? Ans: Gen. Acheampong 18. How did it affect the military institution between 1975 and 1977? Ans: That move undermined the command structure in the Army and left the other ranks without leaders 19. What was the implication of detaching those leaders from their leadership roles in the Army? Ans: It destroyed the very foundation of the Ghana Armed Forces 20. What was the after – effect of using Army Officers as civilian administrators by General Acheampong’s Military Junta? Ans:
It instantly exposed them to the corrupt influence 21. What was the re-action of the Junior Ranks in the Army? They watched their senior officers become rich lading with the pleasures of office, new opulent houses, the latest motor – vehicles; video sets some of them became big transport owners overnight and others became cattle – ranchers. 22. What was the inflation rate under Gen. Acheampong? Ans: 100% 23. Which group of people invaded the factories that produced cloth, cement, soap, matches, milk, milo and other commodities between 1976 and 1978? Ans. The wives of Senior Army Officers with Chits signed by General Acheampong, then Chairman of the SMC.I. 24. Which group of people were used as the loaders and unloaders of all these essential commodities hoarded by the fat bottomed wives and girl friends of those military officers in the Acheampong regime? Ans: The Junior ranks in the Army.
25. Were the Junior ranks happy with the situation at that time in this country? Ans: No, they were hungry and angry because their pay could not buy them enough food or afford their wives half pieces of clothes and they were appalled and frustrated. 26. How did you observe the uniforms of the Junior ranks and their boots. Ans: Their uniforms were reduced to latters and their boots were all worn out ones between 1976 to 1978 27. Who staged the palace in July 1978? Ans: Gen. F.W.K.Akuffo 28. Did the economy change after that palace coup by Gen. Akuffo? Ans: No, it grew from Bad to Worse Rather. 29. What happened there after? Ans: It gave birth to the violent and bloody June 4 Uprising in 1979. 30. Who led that Uprising on June 4 1979? Ans: Jerry Rawlings and his friend Major (rtd) Boakye Djan. 31. Was that Uprising Justified in the eyes of all Ghanaians in 1979? Ans: Yes, every Ghanaian including the Clergy supported it 100%. 32. Which group of people kicked against June 4 in silence at that time but came out boldly to condemn it after it was over?
Ans: the bereaved families of those executed Generals and some hot headed NPP leaders led by Ex-Prez. J. A. Kuffour who even became a grave digger and went on to dig the graves of those executed criminals and gave their rotten bones to their families in 2005. 33. What did Ex-Prez. Kuffour do next? Ans: He abolished June 4 and banned its celebration through Legislation in Ghana even though it did NOT overthrow any civilian government. 34. Which military government placed a moratorium on payments of foreign debts in Ghana with the slogan (Yentua, Yentua, (We won’t pay, we won’t pay) Ans: General Acheampong. 35. Which Ghanaian Head of State Stated that “Am I God To Let Rain Fall” When there was drought in Ghana. Ans: General Acheampong. 36. Which Ghanaian Head of State bragged with arrogance that; Ghana is An Egg in his hand, and if he like he will break it. Ans: General Afrifa. 36. Who told striking University and Poly students that “he did not attend ANY HIGHER EDUCATION but he is the Head of State, so if they also like they could take the gun and overthrow a government and become Heads of State. Ans: Gen. Acheampong.
37. Which Presidential aspirant stood on a political platform and accused former President Rawlings of being a “Criminal” for selling Petrol at 64 Ghana Pesewas in the year 2000 and later increased it to over GH¢5.6 pesewas when he lied his way to become the President of Ghana in December 2000. Ans: Mr. J.A. Kufour. 38. Which sitting President described his predecessor as “That Thing” which should not have been there? Ans: Ex-President J.A.Kuffour – insulting Rawlings. 39. Which government made several attempts to eliminate Rawlings but failed woefully from 2001 – 2008? Ans Ex-Prez. Kuffour’s NPP government. 40. Which government official stated in March 2001 that by the time the NPP finish prosecuting the former ministers who worked under Rawlings, the NDC would have collapsed? Ans: Mr. J.H. Mensah – a Senior Minister of the NPP. 41. Which Ghanaian President said that the NDC will never win ANY CASE AGAINST HIS GOVERNMENT? Ans: J.A.Kufour a former President.
42. Who described Rawlings as a “Sasa Bonsam”, an Akan word meaning a “Satan” Ans: Ex-Prez. J.A. Kufuor. 43. NPP members describe Ex-Prez. Kufour as a Gentle Giant, does he really deserve that tittle. Ans No he is a Vicious Tribal Bigot. 44. Who released the 5 NPPconstituency Executives of Dzorwulu a suburb of Accra from custody and set them free when they were busted with cocaine in 2005 at Kotoka International Airport? Ans: Madam Theresah Kufuor – former first lady who issued them with Diploma Passports to leave Ghana. 45. Which members of a political party are crime sympathizers in Ghana? Ans NPP members 46. How many people were on death row by the time Gen. Acheampong was violently overthrown in June 1979? Ans: 20 people. 47. How many coup attempts were foiled by General Acheampong Ans: 6 coup attempts 48. Who master – minded the first coup attempt against Gen. Acheampong on the instructions of the late Dr. K.A. Busia in 1979? Ans: Mr. Ofosu – Armaah. 49. When was the most serious challenge to Acheampong’s regime? Ans: In 1977 when the lawyers of Ghana addressed a resolution to the Government to hand over power to a civilian administration. 50. Who said: Party Politics in this country brought division, Nepotism and all Evils.
We do not want the Party system at all? Ans: Gen. Acheampong. 51. What happened when Gen. Akuffo overthrow Acheampong in a palace coup in July 1978? Ans: he removed Mr. Arko, the then IGP and General Kata. 52. What did General Akuffo do after overthrowing Acheampong? Ans: he covered up the excesses of Acheampong’s (Kalabule) corrupt regime. 53. What was the difference between the 1966 military coup de’tat that overthrew Dr.Nkrumah on Feb. 24th and the June 4 Uprising in 1979? Ans: June 4 was not staged at the instigation of ANY POLITICIAN, nor like the 1966 coup, was it masterminded from abroad. The Uprising on June 4 was the direct result of the disintegration of the Ghana Armed Forces.
54. What did June 4 really stand for. Ans: it was a moral revolt of the Junior Officers who were disgusted by both the climate of dissipation and corruption in the Armed Forces, and the desperate limits to which their officers had driven the Nation. 55. What was the major principle of he June 4 Uprising in 1979? Ans: House Cleaning. 56. When Nigeria imposed an oil embargo on Ghana after the refusal of the AFRC Military Junta to spare the life of General Akuffo in 1979, what did Ghanaians do? Ans: Ghanaians called the bluff of Nigeria and started walking to and from work in happiness. 57. Was the late Dr. Hilla Limann an Nkrumalist? Ans: no, he was a dyed in the wool United Party Supporter. 58. In which regime did food constitute 70% of the average workers monthly expenditure Ans: Gen. Acheampong 59. What did Jerry Rawlings say when he was arranged before the Military Tribunal at Burma camp in 1979? Ans: He aired the grievances of both the ordinary soldiers, workers and farmers who were suffering under a most severe economic conditions.
60. What did he say in respect of the other airmen who were charged before the Military Tribunal with him? He Said. Ans: LEAVE MY MEN ALONE, I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERTHING. 61. Which government launched a programme to flash out of the Military system all service men who were involved in the AFRC government from June 4 to September 1979? Ans: Dr. Limann’s PNP government. 62. How many the military officers were retired prematurely in 1979 by Dr. Limann’s PNP government? Ans: Brigadiers Nuno Mensah, then Chief of Defence Staff, and Arnold Quiano Army Commander. 63. In a well-orchestrated programme to destroy the gains of the moral force that June 4 was, what did the PNP government do to Rawlings when he handed over power to him in September, 1979. Ans: The dreaded Military Intelligence (MI) arrested and detained Rawlings for one Night and quickly released him when the PNP government sensed that keeping him longer or even attempting to kill him might lead to very serious repercussions.
64. What did Dr. Limann do when he invited Rawlings to the Castle in 1980 for a friendly discussion? Ans: He was prematurely retired by the NPP government on the one O’Clock news bulleting without the consent of Rawlings. 65. What actually happened after the House Cleaning Exercise by the AFRC Military Junta on June 4 1979. Ans: There was a phychological war on June 4 and what it represented since there was a sinister form where the Architects were persecuted, tortured and put on trial in prisons against the very human rights declaration of the so-called “Democratic” Constitution with Dr. Limann as the then President of Ghana. 66. What happened to Captain (rtd) Kofi Tsikata under Limann’s PNP government in 1980. Ans: That Government mounted a massive plan of harassment against him claiming that he was plotting to subvert the government but they could not provide a single evidence to the PNP government in which he was incidentally a Founding Member.
That was what the Military Intelligence chaps did to him. 68. What did Ghana look like between 1976 – 1981? Ans: Ghana was a Failed State and a laughing stock of other nations. 69. Who said that: We must look into the cup boards of NDC Ministers and find the skeletons and if there are no skeleton, we must put some there. Ans: Nana Akuffo Addo, when he was addressing students at the University of Ghana – Legon in May 2002. 70. Under the CPP government led by the late Dr. Nkrumah, what was written on the coins issued by the Bank of Ghana. Ans: “Kwame Nkrumah, Civitatis Ghanensis Canditor. 71. What desease actually killed the late Dr.Kwame Nkrumah. Ans: Skin Cancer as a result of several bomb particles thrown by members of the UP tradition which were buried deep in his skin. 72. Did the Late Dr. Busia agree with the Late Dr. Nkrumah when he wanted to return to Ghana and die as a result of his sickness in 1972 after writing to inform him? Ans:
No, Busia flatly refused that request and Dr. Nkrumah died in Bucharest, Romania in 1972. 73. Which political party members went round the country and mis – informed voters in 1979 that June 18th which VOTES OF PNP MEMBERS and that other days will be set aside to vote for the other parties. Ans: Dr. Limann’s PNP leaders. 74. Who founded and financed the PNP in 1979? Ans: Some known crooks like Nana Okutwer Bekoe its Chairman who served various Jail terms for corruption during Dr. Kwame Nkrumah’s time (2) Krobo Edusei, self – confessed bribe collector who was once described by the Korsah Commission as unfit to hold any public office. 75. Under which government did FOREIGN EXCHANGE become a FETISH to be worshipped? Ans: The PNDC government 1982 to 1986. 76. Which group of people formed the Interim National Co-ordinating Committee (INCC) in 1982 during the PNDC era? Ans: They were drawn from the June 4 Movement, Kwame Nkrumah Revolutionary Guards, and the New Democratic Movement including this writer that have indicated interest in a Revolutionary alternative.
77. Who said: Imperialism is NOT a phantom or a product of the imagination, but it is a well armed MONSTER that continues to sow FEAR AND TERROR ACROSS THE WORLD? Ans FIDEL CASTROL OF CUBA. 78. Why did the soldiers who overthrew Dr. Nkrumah in 1966 name that government The National Liberation Council that Liberated Nobody? Ans: The choice of that name was not accidental as it was a deliberate throw back to the National Liberation Movement founded in Kumasi on the platform of the Federalism or secession on a Narrow Tribal Front. 79. Who said: your wealth would Not Buy you the Protection of the Law, and if you were a poor man, the Hand of Justice would Not abandon you. Ans: It was said by Jerry Rawlings on June 4 1979. 80. Which government was determined more than ever to dis-integrate the NDC by criminalizing and humiliating all its leading members even when evidence did not exist – Ex – President Kuffour’s NPP government from 2001 – 2008. 81. What did Ex-Prez. Kufour do when he was elected the President of Ghana Ans: He dismissed All known and suspected NDC members from their workplaces within three weeks after he was sworn in as President of Ghana in 2001.
82. Will Ex-Prez Kufour be too happy if the NDC should treat him like wise today? No, he will urinate in his pants because he is a coward 83. Which government dismissed 568 public and civil servants for being sympathetic to the CPP in 1970? Ans: The Progress Party (PP) government whose offshoot is the current NPP. 84. What happened after Ghana’s Phoney National Reconciliation Exercise under the NPP Government? Ans: The Nation remained more divided than ever. 85. Why was the Reconciliation Bill passed by Kufour’s NPP government? Ans: It was futile attempt by Kufour’s government to Paint the wall and hide the cracks. 86. Which government established an Illegal Court that was not constitutional to imprison innocent Ghanaians? Ans: The NPP government under J.A.Kufour. 87. How did the then Attorney – General, Nana Akufo Addo issue summons to Mr. Tsatsu Tsikata. Ans: It was issued, thus – the President Vrs Tsatsu Tsikata instead of the Republic of Ghana Vrs Tsatsu Tsikata.
88. Were the NPP gurus rushing to jail former NDC Ministers with Malice and out of National Interest or personal interest? Ans: It was personal interest and malice. 89. What did the court do next? The court employed the services of the Police instead of the Special Bailiff to summon Tsikata by word of Mouth 90. What did the policeman do? Ans: He went to Tsatsu Tsikata’s house and told him thus: Tomorrow you will appear before the Fast Truck Court. Keep your fingers crossed, I shall return with the second part of this article which is aimed at educating Ghana Youth in general and NDC Youth in particular. This has been compiled by Clement Sangaparee from Obuasi. I am done. “Jaanbie Iwaii”
Source: Clement Sangaparee
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|