1. Alcohol makes your body produce more estrogen & Estrogen promotes fat storage and lowers your testosterone levels.
2. Alcohol increases your appetite. The more you eat the fatter you get and alcohol only makes you want to eat more of these bad foods here and there and that's why some restaurants offer you alcohol before a meal to get you to order more food.
3. Alcohol slows down your 'fat-burning' metabolism - Your liver has to convert the alcohol you drink into acetate and then the acetate becomes your body's main source of energy so instead of burning off ugly fat for energy, Acetate is now used; meaning you do not burn any fat. One study has already showed your body's ability to burn fat decreases up to 73% for a few hours after having a couple of drinks and other studies say drinking more than a couple of drinks can lower your fat burning ability for up to 4 days.
4. Alcohol increases cortisol & Cortisol is a bad hormone which helps you gain belly fat.
5. Alcohol makes you tired - Drinking too much alcohol leads to dehydration causing fatigue which will make you not able to workout with enough intensity to lose weight fast. The dehydration caused by alcohol can lead to wrinkles and dry skin.
6. Alcohol is basically pure sugar - Alcohol is basically the refined juice of natural foods which makes it a drink of pure concentrated sugar that will make you gain fat easily.
7. Alcohol causes you to lose important 'weight loss' minerals. Alcohol causes you to lose minerals that are important for fat metabolism like magnesium, potassium, calcium & zinc.
8. Alcohol decreases your motivation because alcohol is a depressant that is already known to make cases of depression even worse so imagine what it will do to your renewed motivation to lose weight.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|