NDC Deputy Communications Officer, Kwaku Boahen has asked the Chief of Defense Staff, Lt. General Obed Boamah Akwa to resign with immediate effect.
Kwaku Boahen held that if the Chief of Defense Staff was responsible for the deployment of Military officers who were assaulted at Dome-Faase near Obom over land related issues, then he doesn’t deserve to hold his office any longer.
“Chief of Defense Staff of the Ghana Armed Forces should resign from his post if he was the one who deployed the Military men to the Dome-Faase with immediate effect,” he told host Yaa Konamah of UTV’s “Adekye Nsroma”.
According to Kwaku Boahen, he will be surprised if General Obed Boamah Akwa is aware of the operations that led to the assault of his men.
“I don’t believe that the Chief of Defence Staff will be responsible for sending his men to cause mayhem at Dome- Faase community . . . it will pain me if he has knowledge about their deployment,” he said.
He called on the General to conduct thorough investigations into the matter.
Some residents of Dome-Faase near Obom in the Greater Accra Region have been accused of assaulting two soldiers over a piece of land in the area.
The soldiers clashed with the residents while protecting the property for the Mponuahene of Akyem Apedwa who they claim is the owner.
According to the Spokesman for the residents, there have been rumors of armed land guards working with military personnel to terrorize their communities.
Soldiers vacate haunted community
A number of soldiers who descended on Dome-Faase, a community near Kasoa where two suspected soldiers had been brutally assaulted by residents have vacated the area.
Their departure Thursday, follows a meeting between the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) of the Ga South Municipal Assembly, Mr. Joseph Stephen Nyarni and the leadership of the soldiers deployed to the area.
The assaulted soldiers were said to have been deployed to the community to protect a parcel of land which a chief was claiming ownership of, but led to a clash between the soldiers and residents.
According to a report by Accra based Joy FM, the soldiers left the area on Thursday afternoon, after retrieving all guns seized by the community members during the clash.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|