Communications Minister, Edward Omane Boamah has reiterated government’s willingness to support victims of Thursday’s Presidential Press Corps accident. He says government has put measures in place to give the victims the best of healthcare to the seven currently on admission at the 37 Military Hospital.
The press corps was returning to Accra from the Volta region where President Mahama had attended the annual convention of the EP Church when the unfortunate incident happened.
However, a reporter with the Ghanaian Times, Samuel Nuamah died on the spot.
Dr Boamah told listeners of Adom FM that President Mahama has directed his officials to ensure the accident victims receive the best of medical attention.
He however dismissed claims that the president’s convoy had already left when the incident occurred.
“I must say that the president’s convoy was still at Ho when we heard that the media men have been involved in an accident."
He however noted that government is prepared to support the deceased’s wife should she plan to return to Ghana.
“We are ever ready to assist the family of the deceased. Yes the wife of the deceased is in the United States but the child is in Ghana with his grandmother. Ever since the incident happened, I have been communicating with the wife and I must say it is a big blow to the family but we are ready to help her anytime she is ready to come to Ghana,” he added.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|